WE SELECT IN A SPECIAL AND INDIVIDUALIZED MANNER THE BEST DONOR FOR YOU. WE HELP YOU MAKE YOUR DREAM OF BECOMING A MOTHER COME TRUE
Answers to all your doubts
In spite of all the innovation and fertility technology, in some cases it is not possible to achieve pregnancy with your own eggs. Sometimes there are not enough eggs and other times, their quality is deficient.
We have a volunteer support group, mothers for egg donation, who have gone through the same experience you are going through and they can help you.
When pregnancy goes through egg donation, you start a process that can be psychologically complex. That is why we are putting our support group of mothers for egg donation at your disposal, these are women who, like you, had their doubts, fears and apprehension, before deciding that egg donation was their road to maternity.
Request information about this egg donation support group.
THE BEST RESULTS
PREGNANCIES WITH DONATED eggs
FIRST ANSWERS TO YOUR DOUBTS
The medical team will choose the donor in accordance with your phenotypic characteristics, so that the future baby resembles you physically as much as possible.
On the early days of your menstruation an ultrasound will be performed to control the thickness of the endometrium and the ovaries. If everyting is correct, the donor will initiate ovarian stimulation and she will undergo weekly ultrasound controls until the gynecologist considers that she is ready.
The day on which the donor’s ovules are retrieved, you will give us the sperm to fertilize the eggs. 3 to 5 days later the embryo transfer will be carried out and two weeks later you will take the pregnancy test.
An alternative to fresh eggs is using vitrified donor eggs. It is an optimized freezing system which prevents damage resulting from ice crystals in the cells. Post-thaw survival is greater than 95%.
Opting for vitrified eggs allows you to start the treatment immediately
The main advantage of using vitrified eggs is greater flexibility regarding the beginning of the receptor’s preparation. In this case, you avoid coordination with the donor, and you may start the treatment right away.
To be accepted in our demanding ovule donation program, the candidates undergo a full clinical and psychological evaluation. Our team, made up by gynecologists, geneticists and psychologists, will examine them thoroughly to guarantee they enjoy good health and fertility.
According to the Assisted Reproduction technique Act, ovule donation is a voluntary, altruistic and entirely anonymous action, therefore it is absolutely forbidden to reveal the donors’ or the receptors’ identity.
The donation plus program of our center performs the most advanced genetic diagnostic tests available to reduce the risk of hereditary diseases as much as possible.
At Sagrada Familia Assisted Reproduction Center we are much more demanding and we offer the program DONATION PLUS, in which the donor undergoes a genetic test that rules out the presence of over 300 genetic diseases. In addition, the male partner can take the same test and thus it is possible to make a better donor selection and minimize as much as possible the risk of any serious hereditary alteration in the baby born.
Our donor program includes candidates from different ethnicities and physical characteristics to be able to start the treatment as soon as possible.
These are the basic requirement to be considered a possible egg donor:
- To be older than 18 and younger than 35 years.
- To have full capacity to act and be in good psychophysical health.
- Altruistic motivation.
- Not to have a personal or family history of malformations or other alterations linked with genetic or metabolic deficiencies.
- Not to have a personal or family history of relevant psychic disorders or with risk of transmission to their descendants.
- Not to be in an unprivileged social situation.
- Not to be adopted, since this limits the control of the family history.
- Donors with higher education studies or prior proven fertility are prioritized.
Egg donation is completely anonymous in Spain. When selecting the donor, we seek the greatest physical resemblance to the receptor. In addition, blood type concordance will be taken into account, in case the couple desires it.
Within the Donation Plus program, the donor will also be selected on the basis of genetic compatibility according to the genetic carrier test, thus decreasing the risk of hereditary genetic diseases as much as possible.
Our team of specialized nurses interviews the possible egg donors on the phone and the make a first assessment, taking into account the donor’s age, her reproductive and medical history. If the assessment is positive the first medical visit is scheduled.
- Biometric and phenotypic study: height, weight, body mass index, race, skin color, eye color, hair color and texture, blood type and Rh.
- Photos and video are taken to optimize the assignation process with the receptor couple.
- Medical interview:Our gynecologists, who are specialists in assisted reproduction, review the donor’s personal and family medical history by a full structured interview. Emphasis is laid on life habits, absence of drug use, including tobacco and alcohol, tattoos and other elements that may be grounds for exclusion from the donation program.
- Full gynecologic examination, including:
– Complete gynecologic ultrasound to establish condition of ovarian reserve and genital anatomy.
– Genital cultures.
- Full analytical study:
-Hemogram, coagulation, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin and sex hormones, cholesterol, glucose.
-Study of infections, including: hepatitis B and C, HIV, syphilis, toxoplasma, cytomegalovirus.
The process to select the donor also entails a psychological assessment, which includes:
- A structured interview, laying emphasis on history of psychosocial pathology in the donor or her family.
- Psicometric test.
- The possible donors should also undergo a Genetic Carrier Test,which rules out the presence of over 300 genetic diseases. All the donors who are carriers of diseases linked with sex or genetic disorders with high risk for their descendants, such as spinal muscular atrophy, are excluded from the donor program.
- If you want to know the entire list of hereditary diseases that we study in our donors, CLICK here
- Patients with a low ovarian reserve (secondary to age, surgery, medication …)
- Low oocyte quality
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Recurrent implantation failure
- Patients who are carriers of serious genetic or chromosomal anomalies
IF YOU STILL HAVE MORE QUESTIONS, do not hesitate to CONTACT US DIRECTLY. ASK US ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT WORRIES YOU. WE WILL HELP YOU SETTLE YOUR DOUBTS.
“Agradecemos al Dr. Herrero su franqueza. Nos dijo que podíamos intentar 3 ciclos, con una probabilidad de éxito entre el 5 y el 20% o ir directamente al embarazo mediante ovodonación. Lo más duro ha sido afrontar el duelo genético, pero hemos tenido todo el apoyo que hemos necesitado”
Con mis análisis delante, el Dr. Herrero fue sincero desde el principio ‘Cristina, ves directamente a la ovodonación. Por tu edad, tu reserva ovárica es baja y las probabilidades son escasas con otros métodos’. ¡A la primera! Según dijo el Dr. Herrero y las enfermeras que hicieron realidad mi sueño, el embrión que tenía ya en mi vientre era de óptima calidad, de una donante de óvulos jóven y un donante de esperma. ¡Muchísimas gracias a todos!
After reviewing my analysis, Dr. Herrero was sincere: “Cristina, you’d better start an egg donation treatment. Because at your age, your ovarian reserve is low and your eggs won’t have the quality we need to get a pregnancy. Egg donation wasn’t on my mind, it took me some months to accept it. I got pregnant on the first try ! Thank you so much everyone!
The hardest part of the treatment was to face the genetic grief, but we have had all the support we needed Thank you CRA team !
Let us help you
Book your first appointment free of cost